With the upcoming release of the new book from FTD Fashion for a king just wondering how other fans feel about the price being asked for it. £69.99 plus postage,which varies fron £8 to £10 depending where you buy it from. There seems to be loads of books being released that seem to all have the price tags off £30, £40 and even more sometimes. Are these prices justified?

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to this Elvis topic

Having recently bought the 'King of Hawaii' book my personal opinion is that the costs of this particular book is too high.

Don't get me wrong there are some wonderful photos but at £60 plus postage it is expensive.

Further to my previous post,with the book Mike mentioned 'Fashion for a King' you get 2 cd's and ftd cd's being around £20 each the price may be ok.

Mike have seen it advertised at £65 plus £8 postage

this is rediculous! as usual ripping us off, it is not justified it will be half the price a year or two down the linein a sale. I hate being ripped off , I think £20 is more reasonable,us elvis fans are not made of money and a lot of us are on some kind of pension  or low incomes too. is there a way of complaining about this rip  off to someone and can they fight our corner? tlc patsy
also what about the price of this new box set absolutly rediculous price for what is essentially a book and cd's we already own! i would love the set but i ain't gonna pay £80 for it!

There are so many Elvis related items coming out all the time and all very expensive for the fans to keep up ...

if they lowered the price suely more fans could afford to buy these expensiVe books and al the rest that is on sale every month

I think that the price for this book is way too high, I'm sure that there are some beautiful photos but can the price justify the contents
Yes, it's very hard to find any Elvis collectors books at under £40 these days. Regarding "Fashion for a king", I hear the UK Fan club (Todd Slaughter and co - if I am allowed to mention them?!!) are doing this one for £55.
I doubt it Patsy. I have been trying to obtain two books by Joe Esposito that came out about 3 years ago called "Celebrate Elvis" that were about £15 at the time. It's now out of print and copies are now selling second hand for over £100!!!!!!

Patsy Eve said:
this is rediculous! as usual ripping us off, it is not justified it will be half the price a year or two down the linein a sale. I hate being ripped off , I think £20 is more reasonable,us elvis fans are not made of money and a lot of us are on some kind of pension  or low incomes too. is there a way of complaining about this rip  off to someone and can they fight our corner? tlc patsy

there just rehashing things we've seen a hundred times before.

I would rather buy El`s Vinyl Records from Ebay.LOL

Hi

Have you tried Amazon?

TONY DOBBS said:

I doubt it Patsy. I have been trying to obtain two books by Joe Esposito that came out about 3 years ago called "Celebrate Elvis" that were about £15 at the time. It's now out of print and copies are now selling second hand for over £100!!!!!!

Patsy Eve said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Elvis.co.uk.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service